
Setting: Standing upstairs at World Café Live, scanning the crowd to see what kind of fans Taylor Momsen, or T Moms, has in Philly. She brought out everyone from dads and daughters (equally excited for the show) to young teenybopper girls to slightly creepy single guys.
A Thousand Horses: I walked in just in time to see this five-piece rock band from Nashville, TN take the stage. I felt right at home with their southern rock flare, seeing as how I was born in the south. Their music is so easy to get into, as they had everyone tapping their feet and just all around having a great time. Their almost identical long rocker hair certainly helped their overall vibe. Guess the drummer missed the memo on that hairstyle… Anyways, if you like southern rock, give these guys a listen and buy their self-titled debut EP, now on iTunes and Amazon. I know I will!
Members: Michael Hobby - Vocals, Harmonica; Bill Satcher - Lead Guitar; Graham Deloach – Bass; Zach Brown - Guitar, Backing Vocal; Shane Lenzen O'Connell - Drums
The Pretty Reckless: I feel like I should give a little history as to what brought me out to this show. It all started last summer when my roommate and I were vending at the Susquehanna Bank Center. It was Warped Tour, and The Pretty Reckless was on the bill. Being an avid fan of Gossip Girl, I felt obligated to check out Jenny Humphrey’s new rock band. I honestly thought that it was a joke, and was convinced that they would suck and I would get a good laugh out of it. Well, that wasn’t the case. I found myself thinking, “Hey, they’re not that bad.” The more I listened, the more I liked their sound. I obviously thought that it was a little ridiculous for such a young girl to be dressing as provocatively as T Moms was, but it’s also nothing new for this generation. So whatever.
Fast forward to now, as anxious fans are chanting for T Moms to bring her underdressed self to the upstairs stage at World Café Live. When The Pretty Reckless finally did grace us with their presence, they were ready to rock. This band is no longer a guilty pleasure of mine, as they put on a really awesome show. They played my favorite songs, including: “Zombie,” “Medicine,” and “Make Me Wanna Die.” I can’t remember which song this happened for, but at one point T Moms invited the first three girls to take off their shirts to come on stage. Go ahead and reread that sentence. I was in the back at this point, but I’m fairly certain that it actually happened.
Members: Taylor Momsen – Vocals, Ben Phillips – Guitar, Mark Damon - Bass, Jamie Perkins - Drums
Set list (as photographed, definitely different than actual set):
Since You’re Gone
Light Me Up
Miss Nothing
Zombies
Just Tonight
Goin Down
Super Sonic the Hedgehogg
Like A Stoner
Medicine
Factory Girl
Nothing Left to Lose (Acoustic)
Make Me Wanna Die
MORE PHOTOS HERE
Overall: A short yet straight to the point rock show.
Stay Tuned: Middle Brother at the TLA 3/9. Look for the wonderful David Turcotte! Can’t believe I’m missing this show…
(Editor’s on vacay, so this one’s on me.)








