Every time I scan my iPod to determine who has the honor of being replaced by newer and shinier music, I always, ALWAYS refuse to even touch The Virgins. I first found out about these guys while watching Gossip Girl. (Hey, they play some decent music on that show, including but not limited to: Feist, Beck, OK Go, Band of Horses, The Kills, The Kooks, Manchester Orchestra, MGMT, Black Keys, Matt & Kim, Phoenix, Passion Pit, Delta Spirit, White Rabbits, The Dead Weather, Neon Trees, Tokyo Police Club, The Joy Formidable, The Pretty Reckless, The Dig, etc., etc.) Damn, I didn’t even realize how much good music they played until I read this.
Anyways, back to The Virgins. I’ve been listening to their self-titled album on a regular basis ever since it came out in the summer of 2008. One day, I got curious about future releases from this band. I began to look into it but just became confused. Soon, that confusion turned into worry. Their Wikipedia page is short and outdated, there have been no Facebook updates since the end of 2009, and their last Myspace status about recording their next album was also at the end of 2009. Since then, nothing.
I was so curious that I decided to send their listed management contact an email, asking what The Virgins are up to these days. Well, I got one of those pesky mailer demon notices. At this point, I’m very worried. Did they just drop off the face of the earth? I mean, they wouldn’t quit the music thing without sending out plenty of announcements across media platforms, right? Ugh, who knows!
If anyone knows anything about the whereabouts of The Virgins, please leave a comment or email me at phillymostlyvegan@gmail.com. As an avid fan, I believe that it is my duty to get to the bottom of this. I feel like an overworked, stressed out, underpaid detective with absolutely no leads. Help?
Let me provide you with some motivation. This is where I convince you of how awesome they are so you’re just as anxious for more music from these guys as I am.
Youtube won't let me embed these:
Youtube won't let me embed these:
Rich Girls video
Just for continuity purposes, because there really isn't any updated information:
Check them out here. Like them here. Can't follow them, because they don't have a Twitter...
Check them out here. Like them here. Can't follow them, because they don't have a Twitter...
