I enjoyed them much more this time around (read my review from their show at The Church here) as I was able to give them my full attention, not having to worry about selling anybody's merch. Playing a lot of songs from the album (duh), they ended the set with my three favorite songs: "Sleep on the Dance Floor," "Can't Stand Still," and "White Night." Throw in some crowd dancing, and it almost did feel like a sock hop - well, minus not having shoes, because it is Kung Fu Necktie, after all. Regardless, it was clear that everyone was having a good time. It was an early show - over by 10ish - so for all of you who missed it due to being 'fashionably late,' you missed a great set and a great overall show.
Members: Daniel Balk (Vocals, Guitar) / Billy Cadden (Drums) / David Dargahi (Lead Guitar) / John Speyer (Bass)
Set list: Stella / She She / Looking Glass / Hey Little Sister / Whole Wide World / 123 Stop / Sleep on the Dance Floor / Can't Stand Still / White Night
Opening for The Postelles, a talented four-piece rock band from New York, The Dig. This was a last minute yet awesome surprise, as I failed to actually look up who the openers for this show were until the day before. Having seen them in action twice before, I knew they would put on yet another rocking performance. The played an unfortunately short set of only six songs - including a new one with the tentative title "I Already Forgot Everything You Said." If you missed them this time around, hopefully you were lucky enough to get a ticket for Beady Eye at the TLA on June 25th (now sold out), since they are opening!
Members: David Baldwin (Guitar, Vocals) / Emile Mosseri (Bass, Vocals) / Erick Eiser (Keyboards, Guitar) / Jamie Alegre (Drums)
Set list: Sick Sad Morning / Two Sisters / You're Already Gone / I Already Forgot Everything You Said / He's a Woman / I Just Wanna Talk to You

AMBASSADORS, a rock band from New York - sensing a pattern? - kicked off the whole show with a rather surprising set. I mean, I always do my best to show up early to pay attention to openers, but I don't expect them to be as good as these guys were. How good? So good they got me to give up my cushy bar stool to stand closer to the stage. If you don't believe me, you can check them out for yourself. Buy their EP here!
Members: Sam (Lead Vocals) / Casey Harris (Keys) / Noah Feldshuh (Lead Guitar) / Adam Levin (Drums)














