Tuesday, November 1, 2011

AMBASSADORS at TLA 10/21

I first saw this talented Brooklyn-based indie rock band at Kung Fu Necktie back in June with The Postelles and The Dig. I got there early and was just hanging out at the bar when this incredible band took the stage in a nearly empty room. Fast forward to 10/21, where Ambassadors played to a nearly sold out crowd at the TLA opening for Lights.

While I like the intimacy of venues like Kung Fu Necktie, the TLA suited Ambassadors perfectly. They sounded great, and the energy from the stage, as well as the crowd, was spot on. I was a little unsure of how the crowd, who was clearly there to see only Lights, would respond. Overall, I think it worked out in Ambassadors' favor, as I could clearly see people being won over. They played a couple of my favorites, "Body Bag" and "Unconsolable," as well as some new ones, including "Falls." Apparently they're in the process of finalizing some details on an upcoming album. Keep an ear out for that one! I have no doubt that it will be awesome. Check out some photos and a couple of videos below!




SITE | LIKE | FOLLOW