Monday, October 1, 2012

Minus the Bear at Electric Factory 9/28


Minus the Bear, at the Electric Factory, in the fall... Deja vu anyone? About this time last year, Minus the Bear played to a sold out crowd for their tenth anniversary tour. They played their first album, Highly Refined Pirates, in it's entirety. While this year's show was noticeably less epic, there were still plenty of people enjoying the always entertaining indie rock band from Seattle, Minus the Bear.


Opening the show was Caspian, who I missed, and Cursive, who I caught a taste of when the lead singer, Tim Kasher, opened for Minus the Bear about two years ago. I wasn't really impressed then, and am still unconvinced now despite Kasher playing with his whole band.

Since I was running on fumes after a long twelve hour shift, I only managed to stay for about forty minutes of Minus the Bear's set. They played several songs off of their latest record, including "Toska," and "Diamond Lightning,"as well as a couple of my favorites off of Omni, "Animal Backwards," and "Into the Mirror."

Check out some of my photos below. There aren't too many from this show, as the lighting was super tricky to work with.