Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Imagine Dragons + Atlas Genius at Electric Factory 2/18


The first time I saw Imagine Dragons was last summer at the Radio 104.5 Block Party. Their live set packed one hell of a punch, and they were easily the best live band I saw last year. Where they may have lacked a little in the punch department Monday night, they made up for with lights, effects, and overall show.

[After rereading this, it probably doesn't make very much sense. I guess I just prefer Imagine Dragons without all of the extra stuff and just a stage with a piazza full of people.]

Given the success this band has seen in the past year, I wasn't surprised by the fact that this show was sold out. I guess I really shouldn't have been surprised by the amount of photographers in the pit either, but I was. I really hate feeling crowded in a photo pit. This night wasn't so bad because we all knew that we could shoot the entire set. The first-three-songs-only rule really blows.

This is the part where I tell you how good the show was. Well, it was good. That's all I got. Nothing witty or creative. Just good. Okay, maybe better than good, but you get the point. They played all the necessary songs and the crowd loved every minute of their set. I especially like how they always (you know, since I've seen them twice now) close their set with "Nothing Left To Say." Appropriate, right?

Like I said before, they had all kinds of lights and effects, and it really was entertaining. Time to show you photos yet?

Ah, setlist.

Setlist via Setlist.fm: Round and Round / Amsterdam / Tiptoe / Hear Me / Cha-Ching (Till We Grow Older)/ Rocks / Radioactive / Thirty Lives / Bleeding Out / Demons / Underdog / On Top of The World / It's Time / Nothing Left to Say

Opening for Imagine Dragons was Atlas Genius, an indie rock band from Australia. I'd already listened to their EP and decided I wanted to see them live BEFORE I realized that they were Australian. I think that's an important thing to point out here. I don't know what it is about a silly accent, but it definitely makes a difference. I don't know if it should, but it just does.

Hence why practically all of the females in the crowd would freak out even when Keith Jeffery (lead singer) was simply talking between songs. Hey, I can't say that I blame them.

Anyway, I wanted to see them because I thought that their music would translate really well live. And guess what? I was right. Their music is even better live, as it should be.

And talk about good timing, their album just came out yesterday. Buy When It Was Now HERE. Seriously, do it.

Setlist via actual setlist: Symptoms / On A Day / All These Girls / If So / Through The Glass / Centered On You / Electric / Back Seat / Don't Make A Scene / Trojans