Monday, May 20, 2013

OK Go at Drexel University 5/18


Confetti, rain, parking lot, and college kids. That pretty much sums up the OK Go show that I attended last Saturday. OK Go headlined Drexel University's Spring Jam event. I'm not sure if it was a lack of organization or the weather, but I'd say there was a noticeably large lack of people in attendance. Or maybe there wasn't a huge expectation to begin with. Who knows? What I do know is that an energetic and entertaining set put on for a small yet enthusiastic crowd is a pretty cool experience.


I was less impressed with the photo rules for their set. First I was told that I would have 1-2 songs to shoot, and then I was told that I had to stand to the side of the stage in between taking my photos. Um, what?

But hey, at least the lighting was good and the rain held off until after the first two songs. (And I never once stood off to the side between photos.)

You also might be wondering what these guys have been up to lately. If not, you should probably stop reading now. The band is working on a new album, with a video contest in the works. You can listen to the song, "I'm Not Through," here.

That's all I really feel like saying about this whole thing. Check out some photos below.

Set list: Do What You Want / White Knuckles / Needing-Getting / Back From Kathmandu / Invincible / All Is Not Lost / Return / Last Leaf / A Good Idea At The Time / Here It Goes Again / I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe / Skyscrapers / A Million Ways / Get Over It / ENCORE / WTF / This Too Shall Pass