Sunday, November 11, 2012

Currently Listening To: Foals, The Rescues, Ellie Goulding


Last week, I posted the latest video for Foals, and haven't been able to stop clicking replay (for the video and both of their albums). I'm not sure why it took me this long to get into this band, but I'm totally sold now. 


The Rescues, the first band I ever sold merch for, just released their latest album, Blah Blah Love and War. Don't go searching for it on iTunes, as they only released it for their pledgers. I've been meaning to post an email interview I did with the band on Tri State Indie for the past couple of months, but just keep putting it off. With a release date early 2013, I think I'll hold off until right before everyone has the chance to listen. Until then, check out the song "Arrow," used for their pledge video. 

 

I've certainly heard of Ellie Goulding, the singer-songwriter from England, but never listened to her before this:



So far, I'm about halfway through her first album, Lights. I don't hate or love it right now. Her acoustic video has me sold more than her album right now. We'll see how I feel after listening to her latest, Halcyon.

And a quick update: After listening to it several times through now, I absolutely think that the second album from Bad Books is way better than the first. A much better representation of a collaboration.

That's all for now!