This amazing creation found it’s way into my email recently, and after almost forgetting about it, I finally got around to checking it out. I must say, I’m not familiar with Wedren or his previous work with Shudder To Think, so I wasn’t sure what to expect when I clicked on the link to the video. Wow, was I impressed.
This is one impressive video. The coolest part is that it’s completely interactive and you can choose what you’re watching with your mouse! You have the option to look at whichever angle of the scene you want. I’ve never seen anything like it before. Directed by Tim Nackashi, who directed OK Go’s video “WTF,” this video will have you pressing replay over and over, experiencing new aspects of the video each time.
Not only is the video impressive, but the song is just as notable. It starts by beautifully intertwining the simple elements of voice and bass drum, then features sounds from the flute, tambourine, trumpet, saxophone, and keyboard. It all comes full circle in the end, cutting out all other sounds to return to the lovely harmonies.
“Are We” is just the first chapter in this rather ambitious project by Wedren. The rest of the film/album is going to be released this May. Please, mark your calendar for this one. I know I will.
Check out the trailer below, and the full video/film here.